Applied Cutting Systems’s Ltd (ACS) operates from our Registered Office address at Unit D, Chilmington Works, Chilmington Green, Ashford, Kent, TN23 3DR. We offer a digital cutting service and supply and install Aristo flatbed digital cad/ cam cutting machines throughout the UK.
ACS is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy in compliance with EU- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679. This privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. This Privacy Statement applies to our sales, marketing, customer contract fulfilment activities and personnel.
When do we collect personal data about you?
- When you are buying our products.
- When you interact with us in person, through correspondence, by phone, by social media, or through our websites.
- When we collect personal information from other legitimate sources, such as third-party data aggregators, ACS’s marketing partners, public sources or social networks. We only use this data if you have given your consent to them to share your personal data with others.
- We may collect personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if this interest is not overridden by your privacy interests. Before data is collected we make sure an assessment is made to ensure there is a mutual interest between us.
Why do we collect and use personal data?
We collect and use personal data mainly to perform direct sales, direct marketing and customer service. We also collect data about suppliers, partners and persons seeking a job or working in our company.
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Send you information about the products and services that you have purchased from us.
- Perform direct sales activities in cases where legitimate mutual interest is established.
- Reply to a ‘Contact me’ or other web forms you have completed on appliedcuttingsystems.co.uk.
- Follow up on incoming requests (customer support, emails, chats, or phone calls).
- Perform contractual obligations such as order confirmation, invoice, reminders, and similar.
- Notify you about any disruptions to our services (system messages).
- Contact you to conduct surveys about your opinion on our products and services.
- Process a job application.
Our legal basis for collecting personal data:
Collecting personal data based on contracts
We use personal information for fulfilling our obligations related to contracts and agreements with customers, partners and suppliers.
Collecting personal data based on legitimate interest
We may use personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if the privacy interests of the data subjects do not override this interest. Normally, to establish the legal basis for data collection, an assessment has been made during which a mutual interest between ACS and the individual person has been identified. This legal basis is primarily related to our sales and marketing purposes. We will always inform individuals about their privacy rights and the purpose for collecting personal data.
What type of personal data is collected?
We collect name, phone number, title and email address, in addition to your company’s name and contact information. We may also collect comments and questions received from you in service-related communication and activities, such as meetings, phone calls, documents, and emails. Our websites may collect IP-address and actions taken on the site.
If you apply for a job at ACS, we collect the data you provide.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We store personal data for as long as we find it necessary to fulfil the purpose for which the personal data was collected, while also considering our need to answer your queries or resolve possible problems, to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws, to attend to any legal claims/complaints, and for safeguarding purposes.
This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period of time after your last interaction with us. When the personal data that we have collected is no longer required, we will delete it in a secure manner. We may process data for statistical purposes, but in such cases, data will be anonymized.
Your rights to your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that ACS holds about you.
- The right to request that ACS corrects your personal data if inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request that your personal data is deleted when it is no longer necessary for ACS to retain such data.
- The right to request that ACS provides you with your personal data and, if possible, to pass on this information directly (in a portable format) to another data controller when the processing is based on consent or contract.
- The right to request a restriction on further data processing, in case there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest and/or direct marketing.
Any query about your Privacy Rights should be sent to email@example.com
What are Cookies
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s computer tied to information about the user. ACS may use both Session cookies and Persistent cookies. For session cookies once you close your browser the cookie is terminated and is erased. A persistent cookie is a small file stored on your computer’s hard drive for a extended period of time and is not deleted when you close your browser. Session ID cookies may be used by ACS to track user preferences while the user visits the site, they also help to minimise webpage load times and save on processing. Persistent cookies maybe used to store, for example, whether or not you want your password remembered, other such information. Cookies on the ACS website do not identify you personally.
For information on how to control or delete cookies from your computer please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org.
Though every effort is made to preserve your privacy, ACS may need to disclose personal information when required to by law. If it is deemed necessary that such action needs to be taken, ACS will comply with judicial proceedings should a court order or legal process be served on Applied Cutting Systems Limited.
You have the right to access any information that we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
ACS uses Google Analytics to understand how users use the ACS site and help improve it for future users. Anonymous data from cookies is sent to google about your usage of the site including;
- What website you came from to get to ACS.
- How long you stay for.
- What kind of computer you are using.
Do we share your data with anyone?
We do not share, sell, rent, or trade your information with any third parties without your consent unless required by law.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
ACS reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement at any time. The applicable version will be found on our website. We encourage you to check this Privacy Statement occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
If we make changes that significantly alter our privacy practices, we will notify you by email or post a notice on our websites prior to the change taking effect.
Your right to complain with a supervisory authority
If you are unhappy with the way in which your personal data has been processed, you may, in the first instance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you remain dissatisfied, then you have the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) ico.org.uk